Wednesday 11 November 2015

The Giant Robo Alphabot, part three

I mentioned in an earlier post that when I originally made the list of entries for my robot alphabet I wanted them all to be robotic vehicles with some sort of transport capacity - what are often referred to as walkers. It proved too tricky to find decent entries for every letter so I had to open up the criteria to include large robots as well. But even this left me with a few entries that didn't quite conform. By the time I had the final list of robots for inclusion I was no longer completely sure what the unifying factor was. 

I was thinking about this earlier and I realised that all the robots or robot-like vehicles have at least one of these two features:

• The ability to carry a person or people

• Advanced offensive capabilities

That shouldn't have surprised me as I'm a big fan of the heavy-duty military aesthetic. I've noticed it runs through a significant proportion of my model making, and I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it elsewhere on this blog. So, with that said, here are two more robots from my alphabet which exemplify the above criteria and really embody that military aesthetic.




No comments:

Post a Comment