Wednesday 25 November 2015

Guns and skulls

It has just occurred to me that if someone put a gun to your head and demanded, on pain of having your living room redecorated with brains, that you summarise the entire Warhammer 40,000 universe in just a few words, replying 'guns and skulls' might just see you survive.

Ignoring the fact that if you weren't in your living room at the time it would be hugely inconvenient for the gunman, the thought does add a little extra relevance to the models I want to share today.

I've been struggling to work on my Arbites squad of late, nothing new there, so I figured, in the meantime, I'd present some more stuff from my city project. These are basically models from the WH40K universe that I find interesting, that aren't affiliated with any particular army, and that it wouldn't be too weird to see on or around the streets of an Imperial hive city - in this case Kruenta Karoliina Arx Rotunda.

For no logical reason I've chosen to start with the skulls. Servo-skulls. These ones include some of the Forge World models, various Games Workshop kits and the tracked one from the Space Hulk boxed game.


The automated gun platforms have a similarly mixed heritage. The one on the left is from Forge World, but the one on the right comes from two different places. Its track unit is taken from an out-of-production character from Micro Art Studio's Iron Brotherhood range, while the magnetised turret was created from the weapon arm of an old Games Workshop metal dreadnought.


There was a little chopping and glueing involved with that mobile platform, but essentially none of these models took very long to construct. Which is a good thing when you see how laboriously slow I am at getting anything done.

And if you'd like to see just how laboriously slow I am at getting anything done you can review the meagre entirety of my city project to date by clicking here.


No comments:

Post a Comment