Monday 9 November 2015

I predict a weapons fit

The last time I posted about my 'Dredd' style Arbites Enforcers project, I talked about creating replica shoulder pads for the whole team. Since then I've been trying to integrate the pads and continue to add arms and weapons. Needless to say progress has been its usual slow self.

There's going to be a mix of equipment throughout the squad, taking a vague lead from the various official Arbites and Enforcer releases of days gone by (some of which can be seen here and here). Therefore most of my weapons will be quite standard: shotguns, bolters and a grenade launcher. However there's one other weapon fit that's causing me some problems. I want two of my characters to be holding equipment that I just can't find decent proxies of. I've looked through plenty of sprues, and at other manufacturers, but I can't find anything that quite matches what I have in mind. So I've decided to try to make my own.

For the first of the two items I started with an old bottle of shampoo. I cut the top off to get a better understanding of how thick the plastic is and check that it's what I'm after, then cut out a strip to work with.




For the other item I scoured existing kits, looking for something I could work with. I eventually found these hammers on Bitzbox, so I bought three different ones to give myself some choice. They aren't the weapon I want, but I'm hoping they'll be a good place to start. Any idea where I'm going with this?


Incidentally, on the subject of Bitzbox, their website has recently undergone a redesign. The navigation is easy, their stock levels are up, and from order to delivery was only a matter of days. If you're in the UK, I can strongly recommend these guys. And I don't even have shares in their company.


No comments:

Post a Comment