Wednesday 30 September 2020

Dread reckoning

These last few days I've been taking a short break from the Chaos Wastes to pop back to Kru*, my WH40K hive city, in order to visit my Judge Dredd inspired Arbites Enforcers.

The Arbites project was the reason I started this blog, way back in 2015, and was my attempt to create a small unit of Enforcers or Judges for Necromunda/WH40K, based on the design aesthetic from the 2012 Dredd film.

I was never a huge fan of the converted Suzukis ridden by the Judges in that movie, so I decided to look to the comics for inspiration. It's taken me a while to paint them, but here are the first two of my Judicial Enforcer Squad – the LexDominum urban patrol bikes that I built back here.

Once these guys were finished I took the level of weathering on the riders, let's call them Yosef Phargo and Dolman Rico, and finally went back and finished the Enforcer below. It's only really a bit of powder on his leathers, and some rust on the metal areas of his boots, but I think it adds the level of detail that was previously stopping me from calling him finished.


So these three models are now complete, and my Addiction Challenge score inches ever closer to the end.

ADDICTION CHALLENGE
REMAINING: 11


*Kruenta Karoliina Arx Rotunda

No comments:

Post a Comment