Wednesday 11 December 2019

Elephants and memories


Inside I'm smiling. In fact, outside I'm smiling too. Because I've finished the other skeleton war mammoth that I started way back here, about a year and a half ago. Even though I started it a long time ago, I couldn't just forget about it. I feel a commitment to all the projects I start, and the guilt of not completing them means I will keep revisiting them until they are done. Even if it takes years – which it often does. This is mainly down to my lack of hobby time and skittish tastes, but also because I tend to paint at a lumbering speed, probably not dissimilar to the one an undead elephant travels at. An undead elephant stripped of all muscle, and carrying a small house on its back.



This newly completed model only mildly affects my Addiction Challenge score, but every little helps.

ADDICTION CHALLENGE
REMAINING: 38


My Undead project is nearing its conclusion now, with both mammoths finished, the cavalry from last week, and all the troops from last year. There's just a handful of stragglers left to build and paint (mainly to use up some of the left over bits 'n' pieces from the previous models). It's kind of exciting to see a project nearing the finish line, so hopefully this will keep my momentum going till I cross it.

But let's not celebrate too early. 


2 comments:

  1. Dude that is Sikk and looks straight out of an 80s magazine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fella, that's pretty much what I was going for. Some of the old 80s conversions were epic and really stuck with me, so if I'm channelling just a hint of that, then I'm a happy man. In fact my Undead project was originally inspired by just such a thing – the John Blanche diorama shown here:

      https://torvatenebris.blogspot.com/2018/06/bones-brigade.html

      Delete