Friday 28 June 2019

Lads, lads, lads


These seven diminutive bad guys (six if you only count the bases) were originally meant to be test models for a larger force. They were a small precursor squad to get the colours and tones right for the main bulk of the Grots, Gobbos or Gretchin that were to be found scattered throughout my Ork Armoured Brigade. Some as armed combatants, others as mechanics, medics and helpers for their larger, even more unpleasant, Ork overlords.

I painted them several years ago, hoping to quickly iron out the method and go on to do the rest of their mates. But alas, as is often the case, that plan never came to fruition and these guys remained alone, holding their own, surrounded by their bigger, brutal cousins, for way longer than I ever anticipated. 

So recently I've been cleaning up the remaining miniatures in the hope I'll be able to continue with them en masse. I've got 40 or 50 more of the nasty little blighters, so they could be just what I need to finally put my Addiction Challenge to bed.

Or, as might be the case when relying on horrible little goblins for anything, this whole project could end up completely running amok, cluttering up my desk, sowing chaos and confusion across other, more worthy, pursuits and generally taking up way too much of my already depleted time.

Let's see, shall we?



No comments:

Post a Comment